Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Post of 2011

It's so sad that I haven't blogged in FOREVER. I really enjoy it but I always seem to put it off and months later I look up and realize just how long it's been since I have written!   My  lack of time has been due in large part to my job.  Not complaining AT ALL - but I have been traveling quite a bit in the last 6 months.  I am really happy to be back on the Operations side of my company. 

For those of you who don't know, I moved to the Sales side of my company not long after we got married because I wasn't sure about the travel part, but sales just wasn't my thing...and I missed the planning and execution of meetings and events.  So, thankfully, the Operations team took me back and I couldn't be happier.  In the last 8 months or so I've had meetings in Orlando, Dallas, several in Raleigh including a 2 week stint in Raleigh.   I also visited Charleston, South Carolina which was beautiful!  I love the old southern charm and wish I could have had J with me there to experience the city! So far I've started 2011 with 2 straight weeks of traveling...and I miss my family but I am also very happy and thankful for my job.

OK! Enough about me!  On to the fam...

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  It was our year to have Kylie and we enjoyed lots of family time and even got to skype with the in-laws.   It was so great because my brother was in town from LA (and Melissa from Austin) and we got to spend some quality time together including a 2 hour trip down memory lane watching videos of me and Taylor as little kids.  It was awesome.  We finished the year with our neighbors and dear friends Dean and Catherine...we cooked an awesome meal, played games and drank champagne until about 2:30 am...the best part was the quick walk home since we were only right next door. 

Kylie is mid-way through her 5th grade year and quickly approaching her 11th birthday.  TIME FLIES! It's so crazy! She's suddenly becoming aware of more things these days like clothes and hair.  She is doing great in school and we couldn't be prouder!  Next week she starts her orientation at the middle school and I am sure it will be so strange to have a middle-schooler in the house next Fall!

Jeff is working so hard and staying busy running his business and also picking up the slack while I'm traveling. I have such a loving and caring husband and I am very blessed. I guess since the last time I blogged we have celebrated our 2 year anniversary! I can't believe how quickly the years go by. 

Marley - our sweet Smooch Pooch will be 3 years old this coming Sunday! We love her so much and she brings an immeasurable amount of joy to our family.  It's hard to believe she's been a member of the Johnson Fam for almost 3 years!

Wow, I'm totally ranting and raving - but I kinda feel like I had to catch up!    If you actually took time to read this blog, I hope it didn't bore you to tears!  One of the many resolutions I have is to blog more often.  We'll see how that pans out.

I hope 2011 is a great year for everyone...including us! We hope and pray it has LOTS of great new adventures in store for us! :-)

No comments: