Monday, June 18, 2012

Harper is 3 Months!

It's so hard to believe that our sweet angel is already 3 months old. Time sure flies when you're having fun!  I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy Harper is. To celebrate being 3 months, we had a fun weekend!










Saturday, we went to a pool party at the Loeffler's and Harper got to show off her swimsuit and get in the pool with us for a bit.  We had a great time seeing friends and the Loefflers made some awesome food! Thanks again guys!  We'll have to do it again soon!





Sunday was Father's Day and Jeff got to celebrate being a father of TWO this year! :-) We had a fun day with breakfast, presents, Daddy and Kylie planting things in the back yard, a trip to the mall, movie time and ended the day with some NBA Finals and snuggling on the couch. We are so blessed to have such a loving, devoted Daddy who loves his 4 girls (Marley included) more than anything! Thank you for being the great father/husband/provider that you are!


Daddy & 3 of his girls...Marley is snuggled in the middle!

Hugs for Daddy in her sleep!


I am stealing the below idea from a friend (Thanks Monica, what a great idea!)


Dear Harper,


I've officially been your Mom for 3 months and my how the time has gone quickly.  This past month has been full of firsts and milestones for you.  You are such a happy baby. I love walking into your room and peering into your crib, only to be greeted by your sweet grin that melts my heart.  


I went back to work last week and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do so far, but I feel so comfortable and lucky to have Miss Shannon that it's getting easier! I love her updates on how you're doing.  When she sends me a picture of you I just can't help but smile and count down the hours until I can see you and snuggle with you again!


Since your 2 month birthday we've done lots of fun things...You got in the swimming pool for the first time and LOVED it! We went on a road trip to Houston to see the Birches and you were a trooper in the car and at the hotel...we are so blessed that you are such an easy, fun, loving baby!  You also started sleeping upstairs in your crib, such a big girl!  We also had lots of play dates with friends and Mimi babysat you for Mom & Dad's first official night out since you've been born! 


You're now holding your head up great, kicking and pushing off the side of the bath tub or on my legs .  You smile at the drop of a hat, when you hear a familiar voice, see a smile from Mom or Dad or just when you are content.  Bath time is one of your favorite times of the day and you can be tired and fussy and the second you get into that warm water, you are in heaven!  We started sitting you in your Bumbo this month and you like to sit there and play with your giraffe or rattle, or stare at Marley who is usually close by trying to steal a kiss from her baby sister!


You are the light of our lives and we can't wait to see what each next month brings - we just hope they don't go by too fast because we treasure every day with you. 


Love you precious angel,
Mom





1 comment:

Monica said...

My idea for these is to print them all and make them into a book and give as a gift for when she is older. Maybe high school graduation? I have to be dedicated though! I'll probably do monthly for the first couple of years and then do it yearly after that. I know these baby girls will love to read what their mamas wrote to them when they were little.