Friday, June 15, 2012

Harper Quinn

From now on, our time will be stamped "BH" (Before Harper) & "AH" (After Harper) - just like "BC" and "AD" because our lives have been forever changed for the better.  The last 13 weeks have been a whirlwind of incredible moments, sleepless nights and milestones left and right! We are so incredibly blessed!


I'm going to catch everyone up on the last 3 months and then we'll be good to go...and hopefully I will be more diligent about my blogging!


Our sweet Harper Quinn was born on Friday, March 16th at 10:55 am. She weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces and was 19 inches long.  I had an incredibly easy delivery, I was in labor for 6 hours total and pushed for 20 minutes...so easy that I'd sign up to do that again 10 times! (Don't worry honey, I don't want 10 kids!!Ha!)  Everyone says it's such a life changing moment that you can't quite describe - and it's so very true.  I've never knew I could love someone so instantly and intensely. 


 Making her presence known! She's got a set of lungs on her!!

 Snuggles with Mom & Dad

 Finally getting to meet each other - Mom & Daughter  

Proud sister meeting her baby sister.

That's the face of a Proud Papa :-)


In the weeks following Harper's Birth (AH) we were so lucky to have so many friends and family who came and visited, brought us dinner and sent us prayers and encouragement.  Mimi stayed with us for the first few days and it was so helpful to have my Mom there to lean on and help out! Other family visited like Uncle Tay, Coco, Popo & Mikael, Nana & Papa, etc.  and then Jeff's parents (Grandma & Grandpa) came and stayed a week when she was 6 weeks old! 


We started taking monthly pictures so we can see how much she grows each month, I can't wait to see the one at 3 months!  


Month 1 - April 16, 2012 AH 

The first month was hard because she wasn't too happy to be getting her picture taken!

Month 2 - May 16, 2012 AH

Our goal is to take the picture in her glider next to her lamb each month so you can see how much she's changed and grown!

Other than having some good Mom/Daughter bonding time, we've enjoyed lots of fun things, including: 
Snuggle time with Daddy
Story time with Sissy
BATH TIME! (She LOVES her baths!)
Playdates with Kate & Ashley
Walks at Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
Playdates with Myka & Lindsay
Infant Yoga Classes
Bring your Baby Matinee Movie
Trips to the mall
Arboretum with Grandma & Grandpa
Newborn Pictures with Kelly Alexander
First Easter - April 8th
First Memorial Day - May 28th
Mom's 30th Birthday! - April 28th 
First Swim in the Pool with Daddy
First Road Trip to Houston to visit the Birches
Dinners with Kris & Ty
First Pool Parties

Harper is such a good baby and she only gets up once at night - at about 5:00 am, which I guess really isn't the night, it's just too early for Momma to wake up! She's sleeping in her big girl bed now too! She's all smiles these days and is starting to make fun squeaks and squeals when she's happy or excited! 

Our sweet girl now...

So hard to believe she is 13 weeks today and 3 months on Saturday!
I promise I'm going to be better about posting from now on! (Fingers crossed!)

~Harper's Mom :-)

2 comments:

Ashley D said...

Kasey - I love this!!!! She is such a sweet baby and you are an amazing momma! ((YAY for blogging!! heehee!))

Monica said...

It's hard to blog when you're a mom. I struggled too, but now that I am back at work I think I will have more time to blog and to read blogs!