Thursday, March 28, 2013

ONE YEAR OLD!

Of course I'm behind again but want to get this off my chest before too much more time passes, because I've been thinking about this post since Harper's birthday!  

Our girl is ONE! I can't believe how fast a year can pass.  It's scary and wonderful all at the same time.  Scary because this means that all the years will pass this fast and wonderful that we have a bright, beautiful shining light in our family that is growing and changing every day.  


Below are her one year pics that we did with our awesome photographer!










Dear Harper, 

I will never forget the day you were born.  You stole my heart (and Daddy's too) from the first moment we saw you.  I've never wanted to hold, hug, kiss and just never let go of something so badly in my life.  You were so tiny and I remember thinking "I can't imagine her being bigger than this sweet little nugget" but look at you now! Such a big girl, and a big ONE year old.  I am so proud and lucky to be your Momma.  It makes me teary when I think about my love for you. I am overwhelmed with gratitude to God for bringing you into our lives.  

The past month has been a big one! You've gotten more teeth, taken your first few steps and are turning more into a toddler every day! (Although you'll ALWAYS be my baby!!)  The two weeks before your birthday we started introducing whole milk to you and you weren't so sure about it.  You're starting to like it a little more now but it's not your favorite.  You're completely off bottles which is a good thing and you are a champ at drinking out of your sippy cup.  

You LOVE bananas and say "Nanana" when you want one.  You're getting very good about understanding what we are asking and shake your head yes or no when we ask you a question!  

You got a riding car from Grandma and Grandpa and we let you open it before your birthday. You LOVE the car and ride in it every day! You love to go on walks or even be pushed around the house. If we stop for a second you rock back and forth to remind us to keep going! :-)  You've also started this funny fake laugh when you hear or see Mimi.  You laugh extra loud and funny when you hear her voice. It's hysterical.  

You also got a rocking lamb from Coco and Popo.  They let you ride on it at their house a little before your birthday and you love it.  You love to ride it, and pet it, because it's super soft! You're still learning how to ride it by yourself but you have so much fun going "rocky, rocky rocky" :-) Nana and Papa sent you a Baby Stella doll and it's your first baby! You love to give her kisses and carry her around!

You also love to blow kisses, say and wave "bye bye" and clap your hands! Peek a boo makes you laugh so hard.  Some of your favorite books are "Giraffes Can't Dance", "I Love you So",  "Ten Little Ladybugs", and the "Little Pookie" books.  You really love reading with anyone who will read to you, and we do it often!

You are sleeping through the night and have been consistently for a month now. (Thank Goodness!)  You go to bed at about 9pm and sleep until 7:30 or 8:00.  You love your bath time and are taking baths in the big girl tub now! You have to stay in until the last drop of water is in there. You love water and playing with your bath toys!

We went to the doctor for your one year check and you had to get 3 shots. (No fun!) But you were a trooper.  We also got your latest "stats":
Height - 28.5 Inches (27%)
Weight - 20 lbs 2.5 ounces (32%)
Head - 18.75 inches (97%) *Smart girl! :-)

Harper, I love you more than you will ever know. I am so blessed to be your Momma and I can't wait to see what each new day brings.  Thank you for being such a fun, easy-going, loving and adorable baby girl.

Love you my angel, 
Momma

For those that are still reading - I'll post about her birthday party very soon! :-) That deserves it's own post for sure! ;-) (More on presents, party decor and more!!)


No comments: